**Suspension Therapy is back in operation! Week of June 10 for wait-list customers only. Online booking available starting week of June 17.**
Suspension Therapy offers suspension set-ups for mountain bike applications.
An optimal suspension set-up will allow a rider to maintain a neutral and ready stance through varying terrain, with only minute weight placement adjustments needed to maintain the bike’s composure. By maximizing the current platform (frame/fork/shock/geometry/ergonomics) a proper suspension set-up will provide less feedback through demanding terrain, better dynamics under power, and minimized strain on equipment.
My goal is to enable my clients to ride forward, push into their bikes, weigh their side-knobs, dig into corners, brake late and hard, carry speed through rough terrain, and feel comfortable where they were previously uncomfortable.
A Suspension Therapy set-up:
- Assess condition of front and rear suspension components.
- Suggest frame travel / geometry settings (if applicable).
- Fork and shock adjusted with baseline damper settings / spring swap and/or air pressure adjustment as needed.
- Front-end ride height and ergonomic changes (if applicable).
- Sag test / explanation of percentages of travel recommended for application / why percentages differ front to rear / what balance is trying to be created and why.
- Spring swap / air pressure adjustment as necessary to meet target sag.
- Practical assessment / test ride to fine-tune damper settings, spring rates/ air pressures.
- Settings and measurements recorded on client’s electronic set-up sheet.
One hour set-up with email follow-up: $75 + HST
Set-ups take place at Suspension Therapy (map: http://goo.gl/maps/Zuw4S):
1439 Hunter Street
North Vancouver, BC